Senior Book Group
The Senior Book Group meets the first Monday of every month at The Gardens in Williamstown at 4pm. The group is open to anyone and is free. You do not need to belong to the library to participate. Join us for lively discussions, shared stories and light refreshments. The Gardens is located 2844 VT-14, Williamstown, VT 05679 across from the Pump and Pantry. You can stop in the library and get your copy of the upcoming book prior to our meeting. You do not need to register, just show up!
For February Senior Bookgroup: February 4, 2019 at The Gardens in Williamstown
Choose a John Grisham book to read and report to group. We have plenty that you can check out at the library:
- What did you like best about this book?
- What did you like least about this book?
- What other books did this remind you of?
- Which characters in the book did you like best?
- Which characters did you like least?
- Share a favorite quote from the book. Why did this quote stand out?
- Would you read another book by this author? Why or why not?
- If you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
- Which character in the book would you most like to meet?
- Which places in the book would you most like to visit?
- What do you think of the book’s title? How does it relate to the book’s contents? What other title might you choose?
- What do you think of the book’s cover? How well does it convey what the book is about? If the book has been published with different covers, which one do you like best?
- What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was he or she trying to get across?
- How original and unique was this book?
- Did this book seem realistic?
- How well do you think the author built the world in the book?
- Did the characters seem believable to you? Did they remind you of anyone?
- Did the book’s pace seem too fast/too slow/just right?
The Williamstown Readers are taking a break until the Spring. Look back here in March for their next read for their April Discussion Group.
The Williamstown Readers meet at the library once a month on a chosen Wednesday at 6pm. The group is lead by Williamstown resident and library volunteer John Taylor. This group has in-depth conversations, a casual atmosphere and diverse reading tastes. The group is free and is open to anyone, you do not need to be a library patron to participate. They don’t even care if you have read the whole book, liked it or disliked it,only looked at the cover or used it as a footrest. They love to have open conversations about whatever they are reading. You can stop in the library to pick up a copy of the book before the meeting. You do not need to register.
Didn’t read the whole thing? Come anyway and let the group tell you why you should finish it – or, why you should just move on to the next book.
If you really didn’t like the book, come anyway. We have some of our best discussions when some of us didn’t care for the book.
Come join us!